Monday, July 2, 2012

Choices....


I was recently reminded by a sweet friend that this is all about making more good choices than bad choices.  Unfortunately,  have been doing just the opposite lately.  Right now, at least, I have to consciously make better decisions with each choice that I am presented with moment by moment throughout my day.  Sometimes that is exciting, sometimes hard, always exhausting.  I work as a bank teller and in my job I am faced with hundreds of critical decisions throughout my day.  "Is this person who they claim to be?", "Should I cash this check for this person?", "Is the endorsement correct?", "Am I following the correct regulations and laws?", "Is this person being taken by a scammer?", "If so, what do I do to help them not be taken?" and on and on... by the time I get home, I don't want to have to make more tough decisions.  I want the decisions I make at home to be easy ones.  Ones I don't have to think critically about.  I think that is part of why this is hard for me.  The hard truth is that I need to do it anyway.  

No comments:

Post a Comment